Tuesday, December 15, 2009

These Are A Few Of My (burp) Favorite Things

There’s something about the Christmas season that just pushes your pants past their breaking point and sends the button shooting off dangerously in some random direction. Ah, good ol' tradition!

Yup, you can’t go anywhere these days without being assaulted with high-calorie Christmas goodies that you are forced to eat in self-defense, or risk being labeled as a Grinch. For example, here is what the middle of my week looks like:

Tuesday – Treat Day at work
Wednesday – Work Team Christmas Get-Together after work
Thursday – Another Treat Day at work
Friday – Most likely, getting my stomach pumped

This isn’t even factoring in the plate of cookies that was dropped off at my doorstep by the landlord. It’s getting to the point where I hope I get a Rascal for Christmas.

Now, I realize that it is my decision as to how much Christmas junk food I eat. But when it comes down to it, and there is fudge involved, my willpower skitters away and hides under the couch, only to reappear sometime during the New Year, aghast at the number of calories that now must be burned.

Still, this year I have a secret weapon that will help make everything much easier. I can’t believe it took me this long to think of it. It makes so much sense: stretch pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment