Friday, December 11, 2009

Padded Room, Here I Come!

I did something dumb the other day. But luckily, it was dumb in a funny sort of way.

I had just returned home and was approaching my front door. I had my hands full with groceries and was fumbling with my keys. Suddenly, I realized that I was doing something that didn’t seem quite right. Puzzled, I stopped and looked down. That’s when I realized what it was: I had pressed the ‘unlock’ button on my car keyless entry, after I had aimed it at my front door.

Needless to say, the door didn’t open. (If it had, it would have been awesome.)

After that, I stood there in the hallway and laughed out loud. I suppose I should have been scared that I had attempted this, as a guy shouldn’t be losing his mind and trying things like this until he’s in his mid-sixties. Still, what was I to do? It was funny.

So, with this in mind, don’t be surprised if I start to exhibit weirder that usual behavior around you. For example, if I point a TV remote at you, I may just be hitting the ‘mute’ button, or perhaps ‘fast-forward.’ And, if anything like this does happen, please be polite about it and don’t make a scene. Just chalk it up to the whole ‘going crazy’ thing. Thank you in advance.

Still, I’m not too worried. Since then, everything has been fine.

Hey, there’s a delete button on this keyboard! I bet I could use it on some people that I know!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I shouldn't admit this, as I am still a youngling compared to you and DEFINITELY should not be losing my mind. But I, too, have pointed my keys at the door, pressing the "unlock" button. And, sadly, it doesn't work for me, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel much better, now!

    It either means this isn't something I should worry about, or else you'll be in the padded room next to me and I'll have company.

    ReplyDelete