Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Go West Young Man (To The Land Of Pawlenty)

I actually don’t have much to say about my coming relocation to Minnesota. To be honest, I just really wanted to use the phrase “Land of Pawlenty”, mainly because I’m proud I came up with it, and also because it is a quite cheesy/horrible phrase.

To set the record straight, I did google this, and I found that it has been used in the past, so I fully admit that I did not originate it. However, I'd never heard it until it popped into my mind, which means that even though I'm not the true originator, I was still able to independently arrive at it.

So, you may ask, what does this all mean, and why are you babbling about it when there has to be something more worthwhile you could be focusing your time and energy on? Heck, I don’t know. Like I said, I just really wanted to use the play on words. It's not like all of my posts have to be thought-provoking or incredibly deep, you know. I'm allowed to have a few fluff pieces now and again. I mean, George Strait recorded 'Don't Make Me Come Over There And Love You' and it didn't ruin him. So give me a break!

I believe that somewhere along the way I have lost my original point. Unless, of course, I never had one to begin with, and I'll fully admit that I'm still a bit fuzzy as to if I did. Still, I used up a lot of space, and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment