Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cruel Healing

Unfortunately, my finger healed.

While this may seem like a good thing, it does have a downside. To explain without trying to be graphic, I cut my finger playing basketball earlier this week, with the cause being somebody else’s untrimmed fingernail. It turned out to be one of those little cuts that bleeds like crazy. Now, being one of those people who does not like seeing any portion of myself leaking out, I had to apply a bandage.

This was when I remembered that the last time I needed bandages, I had picked up a box of them with the Peanuts brand. This now made me quite happy, as I had a chance to wear them again.

So my week was generally happy after that. If I ever needed a chuckle at work, I could just look down at my finger and see what Charlie Brown and the gang were up to. For example, Charlie Brown would be missing kicking the football because Lucy pulled it away from him at the last minute, again, or Snoopy would be hanging out on his doghouse. It was good fun, and it helped to balance against the stifling professional atmosphere that can be the workplace.

But now my cut has pretty much healed and I don’t need the help of the Peanuts gang anymore. It’s kind of a letdown, to be honest. I was growing fond of them, plus it was nice to flaunt a little bit of immaturity, even for just a little while.

Oh well. I guess I can always hope for a paper cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment