Saturday, January 9, 2010

Questions Galore

I’ve noticed something at work now that winter has arrived. It seems that people are taking their snow brushes into the building with them, and then carrying them back out to their car when they leave.

Obviously they are doing this so that they don’t have to open their car door to retrieve the brush if there is snow on their vehicle to remove. This makes sense if your car is entirely covered in a lot of snow. In that case, when you open the door to get your brush, you get a large swirl of snow that blows in and covers the interior.

However, what makes me question this is the fact that it’s Central Wisconsin. It’s not like you get that much snow in an eight-hour period. Certainly not enough to bury your car and make it worth having your brush on hand.

So, is this just a case of people outsmarting themselves? Do they think they are being clever? Isn’t the risk of forgetting to bring their brush out with them and having to go back greater than the rewards of being able to brush off a light dusting of snow from their vehicle without having to open their car door?

This topic is making my head swirl, and it brings to mind a few further questions: How weird am I to even be thinking about this? Shouldn’t I be minding my own business, like Hank Williams Jr. tells us to do in his song ‘Mind Your Own Business'? Why does it matter to me what other people are doing? Why do people like reality TV shows? Do I just have an unnatural hatred of people, which makes me cynical of everything they do? Or did I just need a topic for a blog, and this was all that I had to go with?

I think I need to lie down for a while. I’m mentally exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. haha, I love it. I think that people who experience less of winter take it far more seriously than those who live in 9 months of snow...Yoopers go out and brush a few feet off with their bare hands if they have to!
    Once, I was in Florida in January once and the people there were wearing winter clothes in 60-70 degree weather. It's all relative :)

    Your cuz. Amanda

    ReplyDelete