Thursday, January 14, 2010

If I Could Turn Back Time

This morning I woke up before my alarm. Typically, when this happens I only have a few minutes left before I’m supposed to get up. I then spend that time trying to relax, but failing miserably at it, as the precious time remaining ticks by loudly in my head.

However, today was one of those good days when you look at the clock and realize that you still have a couple of hours left before your alarm goes off. This is good, because in the world of waking up before your alarm, two hours is like several years and you can then relish the wonderful feeling of slowly returning to hibernation.

But as satisfying as that can be, it's not the ultimate scenario.

The ultimate scenario takes a lot more than good timing. This is when you wake up and see that you only have a few minute left. However, instead of giving in to the unfairness of life, you instead go on the offensive and close your eyes, concentrate very hard, and mentally force time to go backwards until you then have two or three more hours left to sleep.

I’ve only had this happen to me once, and it was absolutely glorious. It was one of the highlights of my life, to be honest. There’s nothing like looking at the clock, cursing fate, and then, out of sheer desperation, literally bending time with your will, all to make life fit into your schedule, insteading of making yourself fit into it's schedule.

Now you cynical folk out there may think that I misread the clock before I mentally changed time, but I choose not to believe that. This is because I feel I deserved for it to have happened. Why? Because it makes up for the times I woke up, stumbled to the kitchen, and was eating breakfast before I realized that it was 4:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment