Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Twitter Me This (or Twittering My Thumbs)

I don’t tweet, and I probably never will. In fact, I don’t quite “get” the popularity of Twitter. I mean, do I really need to know everything about your day, such as where you ate, how long you worked, what movie you watched, and how much weight you bench pressed? (“85 pounds! I’m getting my swagger back!”)

Despite my above statement, however, I’m not totally ignorant to the entertainment that Twitter can bring. Where else can you witness Charlie Sheen self-destruct in real-time? Where else can you read the grammatical trainwrecks that professional athletes pass off as sentences? (Actual example: “aight ima see wuts up”) Where else can you…uh….uh….I guess that’s it.

So, as far as I can see, Twitter is good for making fun of people who make fools of themselves with their not-at-all-well-planned-out tweets.

However, for a normal, everyday person, it just doesn’t seem like tweeting about your life would bring much to the table. For example, I fully realize that if I ever tweeted it’d be horrendously boring. In fact, here's what I think a typical day of tweeting for me would look like:

Up and ready to go! Gonna be a good day! 6:25 AM

Crap! Fell back asleep! Gotta run! 7:15 AM

At work. Probly shoulda showered. 7:45 AM

Working hard, or hardly working? :) 9:03 AM

Almost lunch time! Woot woot! 11:15 AM

mmmmmmm peanut butter jelly time... 12:02 PM

Boss says I should stop tweeting, especially in meetings. Oops! 1:17 PM

2:30 wall, dead ahead! Shoulda got some 5-hour energy! 2:29 PM

Must….stay…..awake….3:34 PM

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! 4:15PM

Home! Time to work out! 5:47 PM

Just woke up from a two hour nap. Ahhh.. 7:52 PM

Frozen pizza is my friend. 8:32 PM

aight ima see wuts up 8:37 PM

Lethal Weapon is on!!!!!!! Woo hoo! 8:43 PM

Time to get my sleep on! 10:37 PM

Stupid insomnia…. 2:23 AM

Wait a minute. I like this! Hmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment