Tuesday, March 16, 2010

....Jiggity Jig

I just spent the last ten days in Arizona, and it wasn't how I envisioned it to be. For example, there was an abundance of clouds and rain, not to mention the fact that I got to hike in a minor snowstorm. However, this made it quite interesting and more fun than if it was seventy degrees and sunny the whole time. So, all in all, I'd call it a success. I'll most likely post a couple of interesting anecdotes and pictures soon.

What I like about vacations is that you completely detach yourself from the real world. Nearly everything you think about on a daily basis evaporates and you are left operating on an entirely different, and much simpler, plane. For example, in my case, there was virtually no internet and email, and it was kind of nice to be away from it. There were no thoughts of work. I didn't listen to the news. Basically, you jump off of the world for a while, and just let it spin all on its own. Your responsibilities and worries are temporarily shelved and you get to just take a step back and simply enjoy life. It's very liberating, and probably quite healthy.

But now its back to the real world. For example: laundry.

Oh well. It was good while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment