Monday, March 22, 2010

Choice Pictures - Arizona - Lost Dutchman State Park


What I like about taking pictures is that they don't have to tell the whole story. This scene looks peaceful and serene. However, here's what really was happening:
  1. It is early in the morning and I am stumbling down the paved road, dirty and unshaven, trying to get a picture. I could probably be mistaken for a hobo.
  2. To the left of the picture the road I was standing on loops back around, but luckily the scenery hides it from view.
  3. To the right of the picture is a giant campground with approximately 800 campers and RVs, all squatting about in various ugly manners, cluttering up the morning skyline.
  4. There is a park ranger driving around, checking to make sure everybody's vehicle is registered. I'm surprised he didn't stop to make sure I wasn't some homeless man looking for a free handout.
But as long as you find the right spot, you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment