Friday, September 27, 2013

A Conversation

“So there’s this blog that I sometimes read.”

“Really? People still write blogs?”

“Yeah.”

“Huh. Imagine that.”

“Anyway, this one is normally updated weekly, but it’s been about two weeks since the last posting.”

“Good heavens! Do you think it’s a government conspiracy?”

“Hilarious, but no. I’m just wondering what happened? It feels like I’ve been sort of abandoned. I mean, this author was like clockwork.”

“You mean always posting, like he was desperately crying out for any attention he could get?”

“You could say that.”

“You sound very attached to this blog. Is it funny?”

"Well, the author thinks he’s funny, and that's sort of amusing.”

“And now your life has been shattered by the lack of updates?”

“Kind of.”

“Well, maybe he has a good excuse for not updating it.”

“Like what?”

“Maybe he realized he wasn’t funny.”

“I don’t think that’ll ever happen.”

“Then maybe he got a cold.”

“A cold?”

“Yeah, a cold. You know how it is: You get a cold but you still go to work because it’s not worth taking any time off. Then you spend several days in your cubicle coughing up a lung all over your keyboard and generally annoying everybody within a fifty foot radius, all while accomplishing very little in terms of actual work. When you get home at night, you basically collapse into a heap without the energy to do anything except watch reruns of Cheers on Netflix.”

“Oh yeah! And then your voice drops several octaves until you can really nail the ‘Giddyup, oom poppa, oom poppa, mow mow’ part of the song Elvira!”

“Yup. That’s what I’m talking about.”

“You’re right! Maybe that’s what happened to that blogger! And maybe now he’s finally starting to feel better and is desperately trying to come up with something to post!”

“Maybe.”

“Wow! I feel much better! I was worried he fell down an open manhole or something.”

“I guess it’s still a possibility.”

“I’d better go check for an update! He said he was going to write about Bear Jams!”

“Bear Jams?”

“Yup.”

“There’s no way that could be any good.”

“Deep down, I think I know that.”

1 comment: