Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Expanding The Empire

Having not yet recouped the operating expenses from the self-publishing of my book earlier this year, along with having this blog, which boasts upwards of six or seven hits per day, I’ve decided that the next logical thing for me to do with the FromTheDeskOfCurly brand is expand it into Twitter, in order to grow the number of media outlets in which it’s currently irrelevant.

You heard me right, Twitter – the microblogging site that I’ve made fun of in previous postings, stating that its only use is to watch celebrities self-destruct via tweets that would have gotten caught in the brain-filters of most sane people who don’t believe the world revolves around them.

But before you call my a hypocrite – even though I’ll admit that I am one – hear me out: How better to make fun of Twitter than from deep within the belly of the beast? It’s like going undercover to take down a shady organization from the inside, just like you see in movies, except with less bad CGI.

I’ll also admit that there are a few advantages to tweeting over blogging. For example, when you blog, you need an actual idea, which you then need to flesh out and turn into multiple paragraphs that flow together coherently and justify the main theme. These paragraphs, then, need to be examined for spelling and grammar mistakes, less you look like a fool with barely a third-grade education after you spell the word “nincompoop” incorrectly.

With Twitter, however, that’s all out the window! You don’t need anything to wield it effectively, not even a thought! You can just blather nonsensically! It’s the new American way!

In addition, blogging can be somewhat time-consuming. With Twitter, it’s a much more efficient way for me to waste my waking hours.

Not that I’m done blogging, mind you. It has been, and always will be, the best median for me to express myself. In fact, I strongly suspect that this foray into Twitter won’t last very long. However, one never knows where the tides of fate will take them, so I’m just going to keep an open mind and see how it all plays out.

Now, on the off-chance that Twitter begins to consume most of my writing time due to unexplained massive popularity, I may be forced to hire a ghostwriter to continue the work on this blog. This would be a great way for an aspiring writer to get some real-world experience – on an unpaid basis, of course. If it ever comes to that, I’ll hire the writer through a detailed application process, most likely announced via Twitter, provided, of course, that I’m not currently too busy embroiled in a bitter tweeting feud with some celebrity.

From The Desk Of Curly on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Bad joke of the day:
    Pete and Retweet went out in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left? Retweet!
    Pete and Retweet went out in a boat. Pete fell out. Who as left? ...

    t

    ReplyDelete