Thursday, November 8, 2012

Awaiting Inspiration

So it’s been pretty quiet around here.

I’m referring to, of course, my brain, which has recently abandoned me in terms of generating anything interesting to write about. I could, of course, try to write without it, but I’d hate to think what it would mean if there was no drop-off in quality. I don’t think I want to risk it. I think I’m better off not knowing.

So instead I wait for inspiration, which is kind of like waiting for a package to arrive in the mail, except for with writing there’s a much greater chance of it being lost or severely damaged in transit.

That’s not to say, however, that I’ve not been trying. In fact, I’ve tried to jumpstart my brain by feeding it a few ideas here and there, but that’s been pretty much a disaster. To prove it, here’s a rundown of the topics I’ve come up with so far:

The election – It goes without saying that this would be a terrible idea. No matter who you were rooting for, I’m pretty sure that you're sick to death of it. If you’re not, then I seriously worry for you.

A summary of the value I add to my company at my place of employment – That would be much too short.

A poem about the upcoming onset of winter – This might work, but I can’t figure out what rhymes with “hypothermia”.

A recap of that one time I had to save the universe – Ah, who am I kidding? That’d just be the plot of Star Wars, except it’d be lacking the special effects. The dialog, however, might be a tad better.

Another post about how I can’t think of anything to write about – That would be cheesy. Nobody would want to read that

No comments:

Post a Comment