Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mid-Blog Crisis

Sometimes I wonder about my blogging. While fun, is it having any unintended consequences? For example, am I painting a picture of myself that is not wholly accurate? Does my playful and carefree style impact who I am in the eyes of my reader(s)? Am I now seen as nothing more than a provider of short snippets of frivolity? (Yes, that’s actually a word! I checked!) Is the real me, the three-dimensional me, being overshadowed by my blogging persona? Is the virtual Curly slowly taking over, ever so gently pulling the real me out off of the stage of other people’s interpretations, using a hook of shallow jokes and over-exaggerated vocabulary, soon to hide the true depths of my character behind the curtain of obscurity, or some other really bad metaphor?


Perhaps I should attempt to show all of my sides.

Perhaps I should speak more about politics. (“They’re all shameless pandering crooks! Now please don’t raise my taxes!”)

Perhaps I should speak more about my hopes and dream. (“I hope my dreams where I can fly come true!”)

Perhaps I should speak more about fine literature. (“The new Garfield just came out!”)

Perhaps I should speak more about some of the important issues facing us all today. (“When is the NCAA going to do away with the BCS?”)

Hmm.

Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

(That’s me thinking, by the way.)

Well, I’ve come to a decision, but I’m not going to tell you. You’re just going to have to figure it out for yourself. But it probably won’t be too hard. Here’s a hint:

Giant Slug!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment