Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Blah

“As slow as molasses in January.”

How applicable. I have no energy. I have no ambition. Typing this makes each of my individual fingers want to fall into their own little sleep comas. Holding my eyelids open is too much work, so I alternate them at five second intervals; right, then left, then right, then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ……

Well, it’s not quite that bad, but if there ever was a time for lethargy and the urge to wear pajamas twenty-four/seven, it’s January and February. The holidays are over and it’s the busiest time of year at my work and everything is dark and gray and cold and covered in salt. Even worse, it’s still way too early to even begin looking forward to volleyball season. Ugh.

I kind of figured that the January/February cabin fever stage of life would pass once I’d moved out of Wisconsin. However, it’s still making its presence felt here in Minnesota, although I have to say it’s not as bad. At least here I have weekends with things to do. Still, the weeks can get long, and once I get home from work, motivation is at a premium. For example, I’ve been trying to watch The Pacific, a World War II miniseries, but it usually seems like a lot of work to hook my laptop up to my TV and put the DVD into the laptop, so I normally just decide to stare vacantly at the ceiling instead. (I have an interesting ceiling, though, so don’t worry.)

I hope this doesn’t sound too much like whining. If so, I apologize. I hate whining. However, it’s all I have to write about because my brain has decided it doesn’t want to be very creative. I think the cold and gray has temporarily short-circuited it.

Maybe I need a jump-start, a sort of jolt from a Life Defibulator. (patent pending)

Mountain Dew? Perhaps.
Snowbank after Sauna? Hmmmm….
Watch hockey games? Let’s not get crazy here.
Watch The Pacific? TV….so far away…..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Geez, it really is that BLAH time of year isn't it.
    But wait--- this is your year for a new valentine, how about that? !!!! And geez, add a colored background to your blog! Bright yellow!

    :) I am not being bossy at all, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. join my hike of the Superior Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. occasions like this call for tropical (or even semi-tropical) ( or anywhere other than here) vacations

    ReplyDelete