Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You Win, Kid Rock

You have to realize how hard this is for me to admit, but I think I like Kid Rock.

If you had told me this when I was in college, I would have been appalled at myself. That was back when ‘Cowboy’ was big, which I believe, to this day, is a terrible, horrible song. (When Jason Aldean covered it at a Brooks & Dunn concert in St. Paul, I had to put my head between my knees and pretend I was somewhere else.)

But Kid Rock seems to be gravitating away from his earlier hip-hop/rap mess and morphing into something that seems actually legitimate.

Case in point: ‘Born Free’. When I heard this song, I couldn’t help but be impressed. Then I read that he shot the video in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and I had to watch it.

Well, that sealed the deal. Darn you Kid Rock! You’ve won this round, but consider yourself on the strictest of probation. Until then, I think I’ll watch the video again.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree w/ you! His music is growing on me...and you have to love the video taken in our backyard! ;) Jill ...and Ryan (clank rroooooo!!)

    ReplyDelete