Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Six Phases Of A Project

This week at work I noticed that somebody had posted the following in their work space:

The Six Phases Of A Project
1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search For The Guilty
5. Punishment Of The Innocent
6. Praise & Honors For The Nonparticipants

Of course, my immediate reaction was: That's so true!

For my latest project, I came in late, so I missed Phase 1. (Of course, that normally doesn't last very long, anyway.) I hit Phase 2 almost immediately, sometime back in October. The entire project is now in Phase 3, although I'm personally still in Phase 2. (It's a veteran move to skip the Panic Phase, since it does nothing but raise your blood pressure.)

Anyway, that is why my blogging has been a little uninspired as of late. After a long day at work, I find myself not very motivated to be creative and/or funny. (Insert snarky joke here, such as: "You mean you've tried to be funny before?")

But in the end, there's no point in really complaining. I mean, I have a job, and lots of people don't. You have to look on the bright side.

Plus, at least it's not Phase 5 yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment