Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yo!

I don't draw as much as I used to. I just don't find the inspiration like I once did. (Or perhaps I don't look for it hard enough.)

However, I recently ran into a picture that I liked enough to make me pick up a pencil again. Call me a sucker, but there's something inspiring about a 60 year old Rocky celebrating his training completion in a snowstorm.



When I was getting the drawing into digital format, I messed around to give it a blueish shade, which seems to invoke a more winter feel.



For the record, Rocky Balboa is a pretty good movie.

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog. This drawing is fantastic like all of your stuff. I brings back memories of art class and feeling very inept when looking at your work. I also read about country music on your blog. Remember the time we went to keystone and sand old tunes out loud in the back of I think Lurch's truck. Good times. Good to read your blog Curly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day well. We sat in the back while Lurch entertained your soon-to-be wife. I remember singing Outskirts Of Town by Sawyer Brown.

    We'll have to have a Wednesday Night Ball Reunion sometime. Or maybe not. We'd all pull hammies and be limping for months.

    Good to hear from you, Bill!

    ReplyDelete