Monday, November 9, 2009

Hold The Lightly Wilted Arugula, Please!

To celebrate the completion of a large project at work, my team now gets to go to one of those swanky, high-class restaurants where dinner costs as much as a semester in college.

This place is Frasier as compared to Cheers. Here is an excerpt from the restaurant's propoganda: "From the myriad pieces of timeless art in the gallery to the clean lines of the stylish lounge to the breathtaking wooded views and understated style and elegance of our restaurant...."

That's what I'm looking for when I eat! Breathtaking wooded views! Maybe we'll be eating under a tree or something.

I still don't know what I'm going to order yet, mainly because I have no idea what anything is. Here are a few examples of what's on the menu:

grilled grouper
lightly wilted arugula
port reduction
blueberry and orange demi glace

That's what I was going to have for lunch! Or maybe that's what you can use to clean the bathroom. I really have no idea. I hate having to get a dictionary before I order.

As you can see, I'm pretty much out of my league, here. Not to worry, though.  My plan is to try and fit in by casually saying things like, "Note the understated style and elegance." or "I"ll have the lightly wilted arugula, please."

I guess as long as I don't accidently break any of the myriad pieces of timeless art I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment