Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Colors (Or The Lack Thereof)


Fall has always been my favorite season of the year. There's the crisp bite of the air, the smell of the leaves, and of course the change of the colors. Plus, there's always football. (Although as a Lions fan, that argument really doesn't hold much water.)

However, the fall colors haven't seemed to be very impressive the last few years. As opposed to an explosion of bright reds and oranges, I've only really seen the dull, runny yellows. The trees haven't synchronized, either, as by the time some of them finally turn, others will have already lost all of their foliage.

Perhaps I haven't made it out enough and have just missed them. Each year I tell myself I'm going to make sure I take the time to enjoy the season. Then, before I know it, it's already November and I've only been out exploring a couple of times. I really should just take October off some year. The heck with making a living.

1 comment:

  1. I find that this is the third year in a row that I've "taken October off." I do highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete